RE: [AD] Dos Sound Bug

> Maybe it's just me, but it sounds like the meaning of the "pan"
> parameter is reversed. I first thought that's a problem with my proggy,
> but the digitest does also play a sound on the right side if pan is 0,
> and on the left side if pan is 255.
> If I recompile for visual c, digitest behaves as it should.

It's you. More specifically, your computer. Very many sound cards get the
two channels the wrong way round, and very few sets of speakers actually
specify whether the speaker with controls on should be on the right or left.
Furthermore, different drivers or compatibility standards can give different
results; for me, the Sound Blaster drivers get it wrong but the ESS
Audiodrive driver gets it right.

You can use the flip_pan setting in the config file to correct it. The
Allegro setup program allows you to set this too.

Ben Davis