Re: [AD] About Elias' bug

> Maybe I missed something (or did not understand) here, but I don't think
> blit()'s job is to preserve transparency even between different color
> depths. Isn't it supposed do do staight translation through the color
> mapping tables for different color depths ?

Part of blit()'s job is to allow a 24-bit BMP sprite to be used in a 16-bit
game. As Elias pointed it out, with the current code, color values in the
neighborhood of MASK_COLOR_24 but dictinct from it (hence not transparent)
are mapped to MASK_COLOR_16 (hence transparent).

> Isn't that the job of masked_blit() and draw_sprite() to care about
> transparency. Are those broken ??

masked_blit() can't perform color conversion, while draw_sprite() is limited
to conversion from 8-bit.

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx