Re: [AD] Patches

On 29 May 2001, Chris Jefferson <chris_jefferson2000@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I expect this has come up before,

No one's come forward about incorporating these patches before.

> but the sourceforge
> program "raine"
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=14250
> Has some triple-buffering sourceforge patches that
> make it at least go much, much faster, although it
> compiles with normal allegro. Has anyone tried looking
> them over at any point?

Here's what I think the changes are:

(1) vbeaf.c: do hardware scrolling without waiting for vertical retrace
(2) vga.c: ditto
(3) vesa.c: not sure, but probably the same thing as previous two
(4) graphics.c: ignore clipping checks for scroll_screen
(5) wjoyw32.c: more joystick buttons (16)

Anyone know if not waiting for vertical retrace is generally ok?
The fourth one is obviously out of the question (and pointless, if
you ask me).  The fifth one should be ok, I'm guessing.