Re: [AD] Fullscreen/windowed mode autodetection

Some old things...

On 20 Apr 2001, Angelo Mottola <a.mottola@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Here's a patch that adds support for two new autodetection driver ids:
> GFX_AUTODETECT_FULLSCREEN and GFX_AUTODETECT_WINDOWED.

Nothing seems to be happening regarding rewriting `set_gfx_mode', so
I've committed this.  There was no harm, really :-P  Sorry about the
misguided delay.

> PS: I made the DGA 1 fake windowed driver to be detected as a windowed
> driver... I don't know if this is the right thing to do, but it seems
> reasonable to me; what do you think?

I think not.  I would like to use GFX_AUTODETECT_WINDOWED for things
like grabber, so I can access other apps too.  The DGA windowed
driver doesn't allow this.  I haven't yet changed it from your patch
though.

> PPS: Am I the only one having problems autodetecting DGA 2? That is
> autodetected only if using the same color depth as the desktop, but if you
> directly specify the driver, it'll work with any color depth... Really
> strange!

On my DGA2-buggered-but-I-don't-know-why system, calling
`XDGAOpenFramebuffer' will terminate the program, then and there (X
server error).  I posted a message on AD about disabling DGA2
autodetection, but got no reply.

On 21 Apr 2001, Angelo Mottola <a.mottola@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Here are two patches for allegro._tx and readme.uni, to mention the new
> fullscreen X driver and the GFX_AUTODETECT_* drivers.

On 21 Apr 2001, Angelo Mottola <a.mottola@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This updates the translation file to keep it in sync with the new library
> messages.

All committed.