RE: [AD] Windows sound config

> I've browsed a little the allegro.cc thread on this topic and it
> seems that
> there is no clear evidence of the problem.

The clear evidence of this problem comes from my investigations on my own
computer :-P

However, since other people have different problems, I've just posted a
request on allegro.cc asking everyone to try it out on their computer. See
http://www.allegro.cc/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000131.html . I'll post a follow-up
here at some stage.

> > No. :-) However, the digital volume bug may be linked with the quality
> > bug. I'm not sure. Can anyone investigate?
>
> I don't think so. The digital volume bug originated in low-level
> DirectSound stuff.

Fair enough. I think the Allegro set_volume() should be separate from the
Windows Volume Control anyway. I suggested this before, but got ignored :-)

Ben Davis