RE: [AD] Desktop resolution

> > To be consistant with desktop_color_depth() I think they should be
> > called desktop_width() and desktop_height().
>
> Two more functions ?

is this gonna be useful anyway ?
i can understand that some people might use that particular function,
but adding more and more functions just for the sake of it .... ?
how about adding get_service_pack() to know whether we can use that
or that system call which is known to be broken in that and that version ?
how about get_registry_stuff, to auto get some settings (user preferences
for mouse speed, or whatever ?)
these clearly things don't belong to allegro (besides the fact that they
are utterly system specific), and they are extreme, but are we heading
this direction ?
i just don't compare the usefullness of desktop_size with this of the
above examples of course, but i thought i'd give this point of view :)

that said, i agree that desktop_size could be an interesting thing to
have for some reasons, including the possible future ability for allegro
to draw on native windows (eh eh, now that was long ago too...)

--
Lyrian