Re: [AD] new font system

>There is one problem, though: because the fonts are scalable, the height isn't
>fixed, but depends on the selected scale. The old system had a height_hook, but
>the new system has a fixed int height. This is a pity, because now I'd need
>to set the scale on a per-font basis to allow the code to modify this height,
>whiloe in the old system you could just set a global text_scale , which would
>scale
>all dynamic textout.

Actually, the only place Allegro uses this fixed int height is in the
text_height() function. It is supposed to be set by the user to change
the font size in those fonts which support it (ie. if you wrote
something to output TrueType fonts, etc.)

>Also I think it's a pity that the unicode lookup system is moved into the
>vtable,
>because now you have to re-implement it each time. IMHO it would have been
>better to
>just put glyph rendering functions in the vtable, and leave the lookup part
>in the mainline code.

Have you looked at the code properly? I don't quite understand what you
mean by this comment.

Bye for now,
--
Laurence Withers, lwithers@xxxxxxxxxx