[Fwd: Re: [AD] Poor Ming performance]

Once again, I forgot this was the AD list :-P

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [AD] Poor Ming performance
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 22:56:01 -0500
From: Bob <ohannessian@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx>

Eric Botcazou wrote:
> Basically, filling in a circle with hardware-accelerated horizontal lines is
> slower than with regular lines.
> Is anyone experiencing the same thing under Windows ?

That's because the overhead of making the DirectX call far outweighs the
speed improvements. Check the test program for hline() speeds. On my
system, software is 12 times faster than hardware. I beleive this was
discussed some time ago on the AD list. Too bad its not archived :(

--
- Robert J Ohannessian

"Microsoft code is probably O(n^20)" (My CS teacher)