Re: [AD] Allegro x86 clear and blit optimizations - update

> There seem to be improvements across the board, so I'd say the
> patch did make a difference.  If the differences were _purely_ due
> to experimental error, there would probably be more minus signs in
> there.

I agree. However, the improvements heavily depend upon the system.

> Somebody should compare all the results and conclude whether the
> patch should be committed: (1) in its entirety, (2) in the areas
> with substantial improvement, or (3) not at all.

I would say (2). There are actually 3 routines per color depth (clear, blit,
masked blit) to examine.

> [1] bug appears when you first go into the blit test, when it says
> "Testing overlapping bits", on the left.  Eric's patch was applied.

Yes, a typo error I reported to the author. The fix is attached.

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx