Re: [AD] [DOS] Win2k mouse bug

On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Eric Botcazou wrote:

> Therefore the solution would be to use the 'mickeys' driver under Win2k and
> the 'polling' driver under WinNT4. Unfortunately, although the guys from
> comp.os.msdos.djgpp have been trying to find it for more than one year,
> there is currently *no* way of telling Win2k from WinNT4 in a DOS program.
>
> So we're apparently stuck.
> Any suggestion ?

allegro successfully detects if NT is installed by checking if the environment
variable OS == "Windows_NT". Can you check what int 0x2f,
ax=0x160a returns in ax, bx and cx for windows nt 4 and windows 2000? that's
the only thing i can think of for the moment. this works at least on windows
3.1 and up to windows ME. for reference check ralph brown's interrupt list.

there should also be a somewhat undocumented VxD call in NTKERN for returning
NT kernel version. (int 0x20, vxd=0x004b)

should i code a test program?

--
Sincerely Henrik Stokseth.
"Linux is keyboard friendly. I don't smash it like I used to with Windows."