Re: [AD] About the Win2k bug

> separating things into threads only makes sense if it gives speedups on
> SMP boxes or otherwise clears up the the sources by separating code with
> different functionality into their respective threads. limiting the number
> of threads makes sense to me... so go ahead if you want and merge the
> keyboard and mouse threads.

I'm really hesitating...

I have a patch that does the merger and therefore lowers the limit to 3
(primary thread, input thread, timers thread). Apparently it raises no
problem.

But then the (efficient) DirectInput keyboard and mouse handlers would be
mixed with the (relatively inefficient) messages loop.

Moreover, this solution is a little more unsafe than the current one,
because the window messages thread (the most important for the communication
with the OS) would no longer be shielded from mouse and keyboard problems.

Comments, more arguments for the merger ?

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx