Re: [AD] suggestion about packfile stuff

tom st denis <tomstdenis@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Merging ZLIB with the packfile code would be really sweet.  Cuz well I
> can "zip" datafiles and get 20% more compression some times...

I doubt this is ever going to happen.

However, I did suggest a while ago (with incomplete patch) that
users be able to override the PACKFILE functions with their own, for
specific streams.  This would allow you to use an add-on library to
use zlib.

The patch is still here.  I think it needs some work though.

    http://www.alphalink.com.au/~tjaden/dev/custom-packfile.diff.gz

--
tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx - http://www.psynet.net/tjaden/
FLOWFRIGHT (FLO frite), n.  The desperate attempt by a homeowner to talk