Re: [AD] changes to asm files

As we are on asm, I post a patch I already posted some time ago that
corrects the 'indirect call without *' warnings in djirqs.s .

Here's the answer from Eli Zarestkii (djgpp guru #2) when I asked him about
this problem:

"It most certainly will break compatibility with older versions of Gas.
However, if you limit old versions of Gas to Binutils 2.9.x, I think you
will have no problems.  It is not unreasonable to stop supporting
Binutils 2.8.x and older at this time, I think.  Just make it clear in
the docs, or even include a test in the build procedure (something that
runs "as --version" and looks at the result) and refuse to build if the
test fails."

Moreover, it seems like to me that other DOS asm files have already been
corrected (for example vesas.s). Am I wrong ?

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx