Re: [AD] changes to asm files

On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 11:03:09AM +1100, Peter Wang wrote:
> Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > It looks like my question has been lost meanwhile...
> > Haven't the other DOS asm files already been corrected, regarding this
> > particular warning ?
>
> The patch is in now.  Be patient :-)  Check if the note in
> `readme.dj' is correct.
>
> As for not requiring mmxtest, someone else can do that..

Maybe we should leave it in until it rots and breaks something,
assuming it does no harm.  It might come in handy one day. :)

Actually when this problem originally came up, I considered
making a program to test whether the assembler required those *
or not, in much the same way as mmxtest works.  It never
happened, but would be easy to make.  I don't know whether we
should step backwards now; everybody seems to agree that it's OK
to require a newish version of the assembler.

George

--
Random project update:
09/05/2000: Libnet 0.10.8 uploaded -- a few bugfixes