Re: [AD] my clip3d patch

--- Laurence Withers <lwithers@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >>Um, hello!  Did anyone even look at my clip3d patch?
> [snip]
> >A good idea is to post the patch here and on the SourceForge page
> >(http://sourceforge.net/patch/?group_id=5665  : click `Submit a
> Patch');
> >this way, the patch is available to those who missed it or deleted
> the
> >email, etc.
>
> Oops! Didn't see that you had done that.
>
> I can confirm that, with these patches applied, Allegro compiles fine
> (DJGPP), and that the example programs all work as expected; however,
> don't think any of them would be affected by your patch. I believe we
> need some more example programs to show the new capabilities. Perhaps
> expanding ex3d would be a good idea? We could incorporate exzbuf into
> it. Or perhaps we could add a test3d program; this would be similar
> test, but would be for the 3D functions.

The patch I sent to Bertrand works fine AFAIK.

> On a side note, I tried Tom's library `More3D', but I found that it
> didn't work correctly (either with or without this patch). In mode 1
> (RENDER_SORT), everything is displayed fine (assuming that the cube
> is
> meant to be a wireframe thing) and the output looks very nice. In
> mode 2
> (RENDER_P3D), the cone's curved surface is displayed correctly, as
> far
> as I can tell, but the bottom is horribly distorted. Also, the cube
> appears and disappears depending on what I'm doing with the mouse,
> and
> is not rendered properly at all even when it is visible (it is
> texture
> mapped, though; not wireframe).

What are you talking about?  The objects render fine.  Sometimes a face
clips too soon when it's facing the X axis (I fixed that but haven't
released an update yet).  As for distortion have you tried using a PTEX
renderer?  I.e POLYTYPE_PTEX_LIT ...etc.

> Tom -- have you seen this problem yourself? Is your patch meant to
> fix
> that? I was using latest CVS version, updated 1/2 hour ago, with
> Charles
> Bilyue's i386 blit optimization patch applied, both with and without
> your two patches.

Yes I have seen this problem.  It's not my fault, P3D doesn't render
things properly.  I would just stick with RENDER_SORT.

The patch I sent to sourceforge is outdated.  I sent an updated patch
to Bertrand but haven't heard from him yet.