Re: [AD] hell is loose???

> And while I am at it, I will add that I have some unstability bugs as
> well : sometimes when I just finished compiling my program and I run
> it in the next second (before the disk buffers have been flushed), it
> crashes (in allegro). If I then restart it everything is ok...

that sounds like a bug in whatever OS you are using. the OS should first look
in the disk cache and then on the disk for stuff. if you're using linux i
recommend you upgrade (or downgrade) the kernel. i've heard reports of this
happening on the linux kernel mailinglist.

as for the problem i reported: i'm pretty sure it is triggered by the
optimalizations. everything points to that... however if this occurs in
stable gcc releases we should see if we can make a workaround. turning
optimalizations off is no fun. btw. i'm using gcc version 2.95.3 19991030
(prerelease) on a mandrake 7.2 system. that might have something to do with
it. those bastards ships their official distributions with a lot of unstable
software. i'll change to a stable gcc and try to trigger the same crash.

--
Sincerely Henrik Stokseth.
"Linux is keyboard friendly. I don't smash it like I used to with Windows."