Re: [AD] 3.9.34 release date?

Olly Betts wrote:
[snip]
> Incidentally, wouldn't it be safer to declare argv to have 129 entries
> rather than 64?  129 is the most a 256 character command line can possibly
> generate

The DOS/Windows command line is only 127 (128?) bytes long, including
carriage return and line feed. So Allegro is correct on that one.
However, I've noticed that Windows 2000 does NOT have this limitation on
win32 programs! More specifically, MSVC can be passed arbitrarily long
commands through the command prompt. I'm not sure we can do anything
about that though.

[snip]

--

- Robert J Ohannessian