RE: [AD] Z-buffer API

On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, Vincent Penquerc'h wrote:

> > platform. There are many other "32 bits assumptions" in Allegro and
> > AFAIK no 64 bits port is scheduled (May be Allegro 5.0 ? ;-)
>
> Actually, someone tried to make Allegro work on a 64 bit machine :)
> I think Stepan Roh, but my memory is a bit fuzzy. I agree that removing
> all these assumptions could be a lot of work though...

Yes, that was me. I tried it on IRIX64 (and post some patches). It
compiles well on it with --mabi=64 option to gcc (did not tried IRIX's own
C compiler). There were some problems with WIPs before 3.9.31 (wrong
colors etc.). Then someone did some 64-bit unrelated changes and it began
working. Gcc gives some warnings in GUI part, but it works (there are
assigns from ints to pointers and vice versa, but no problem real - but
should be investigated). I tried all examples, tests and demo and
everything worked. There are also some warnings in sound code (if I
remember correctly), but there is no sound support for IRIX in Allegro, so
I did not test it. I wanted to read through all Allegro code, but I'm very
busy now. Maybe in the future.

Have a nice day.

Stepan Roh