RE: [AD] 3.9.34 release date?

On Sat, 13 Jan 2001, Ben Davis wrote:
> > [something about long commandlines]
>
> Here's a patch for wsystem.c that allocates the memory dynamically.

Oh, sorry! I thought you were talking about limiting the argv for _all_
versions. Since your patch is about Windows, you can ignore all what I
previously said and look conformance only with djgpp, since most people
who will try to run the win32 code from a dox box are going to expect the
dos behaviour (ie. would you have to emulate that neat djgpp ...\*
extension?). But well, I think DJGPP allows lots of parameters too...

> Does realloc ensure that the data are preserved, for example?

AFAIK yes. IIRC if the realloc fails, the previous data won't even get
touched. calloc, malloc, realloc and free should be in stdlib.h.

 Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz   gradha@xxxxxxxxxx - http://gradha.infierno.org
 Other web pages:  http://glub.ehu.es/  -  http://welcome.to/gogosoftware/