Re: [AD] patch for get_config_string

#include <hallo.h>
Sven Sandberg wrote on Wed Dec 27, 2000 um 01:07:58PM:

> Is this really a bug? I think it makes sense to make a distinction

IMHO this is one.

> between config variables that don't exist in a .cfg file and config
> variables that exist but are initialized to the empty string: In the

Really? How do you set an empty string? There is still one or more spaces
after the =. Look, the allegro.cfg file distributed with Allegro
contains examples that are not commented out! With these defaults
Allegro use allways empty strings instead of defaults.

> some cases). If you really want an empty string to mean the default
> string, then that can easily be handled by the program. With this patch
> there is AFAICS no way to give an empty string in a config file.

IMHO it's also not possible to specify empty strings now, so what is the
problem? If you want this "feature", we could introduce something new to
specify empty strings, e.g. using "" to do so.

Gr{us,eeting}s,
Eduard.
Eduard Bloch <eb@xxxxxxxxxx>; HP: http://eduard.bloch.com/edecosi
0xEDF008C5(GnuPG): E6EB 98E2 B885 8FF0 6C04  5C1D E106 481E EDF0 08C5
**
Es ist einfacher Linux zu konfigurieren, als mit Windows zu leben.
anonymous in dcouln