Re: [AD] Another GFX_SAFE patch, now the demo

On Tue, 19 Dec 2000, Jörg Rüppel wrote:
> Isn't Allegro supposed to convert all loaded data to the current color mode
> automatically anyways? That's at least what I have assumed all the time
> while loading my data...If this is not the case, go ahead :)
> [also as an answer to Vincent Penquerc'h]

True, Allegro converts the datafile. You only have to be careful to load
the palette before the datafile. The routine I was thinking about was
something more complex, where a single datafile contains images with
different palettes, and were you mix different color depth graphics, and
all of them would use the actual color depth at the end.

But now that I think again about it I am not so enthusiastic any more: the
Allegro demo was a special case, users are probably not going to use a
single datafile for all their data, and are more likely to use a single
palette for either the whole game or a specific file set, so they aren't
going to find the same conversion problems. Oh, scratch that wish from
the list :)

 Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz   gradha@xxxxxxxxxx - http://gradha.infierno.org
 Other web pages:  http://glub.ehu.es/  -  http://welcome.to/gogosoftware/