Re: [AD] Patch for alsa midi support.

Hello,

It's me again...
here is a patch that cleans up the driver
and makes it look like the person who wrote it
has a clue. It also fixes a slight bug where
I doesn't autodetect properly.

Just apply the attached patch after the first one.

Here are some details, (which I forgot to add to the last email)
This driver only works if you run linux and use the alsa sound drivers,
(allong with having a card that supports rawmidi output)
and with the first patch the setup program knows about the driver,
and the config variables (alsa_rawmidi_[input_]card,
alsa_rawmidi_[input_]device)
that this driver uses.

And now that I know I can play with allegro's internals I think
I'll try my hand at writing an alsa sequencer driver for allegro.

It is very possible that there are bugs in this driver,
but If you have problems playing some midis keep in mind that
alsa's rawmidi support (at least for the emu10k1) doesn't include
the reverb and chorus effects.

Thanks,

--
Tom Fjellstrom