Re: [AD] good X citizens

Peter Wang <tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How about we unmap the window in create_screen before resizing, then
> remap it after?

Here are my changes.

What this does:

* does not set USPosition hint, so window manager is free to place
  the window anywhere it likes

* does not map window until `set_gfx_mode'

* unmaps and maps (hides and shows) window before and after resize

* less blinky when resizing from a non-320x200 window to a
  non-320x200 window (does not do the 320x200 step inbetween)

I've only tested under a few window managers (Sawfish, twm, Window
Maker).  So far, the only "bad" thing is that if you use manual
placement you have to place for each resize.  But it's probably
better than the previous behavior, which didn't let you place at all
(not what you want if you chose to have manual placement).

--
tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx - http://www.psynet.net/tjaden/
PERCUBURP (PER kyu berp), n.  The final gasp a coffee percolator makes to