Re: [AD] cleaning up....

> Maybe it would be a good idea to sort of unify all the windowed modes
> (win, X and BeOS) so we could reuse the same code for color conversion,
> not having three version of the same thing. This way, all these modes
> would behave the same (or very close)

It would be cool, but it's a hard task. Currently X and BeOS windowed drivers
are a bit different, expecially in the updating method. The color conversion
routines are almost the same (Be version was done by modifying X one a
little), but not equal. Using the same base set of routines could simplify
porting to other windowed platform, but this could require a general rewrite
of both X and Be drivers... I'll see what I can do, as this interests me.
Anyway the common interface could just include color conversion; as I said
window updating is OS dipendent.

--
Angelo Mottola
a.mottola@xxxxxxxxxx