Re: [AD] MTRRs.

On Sun, 26 Nov 2000, Antti Koskipää wrote:

> MTRR access on DOS requires privilege level 0. CWSDPMI and Windows run
> all DPMI apps on ring 3. Any attempt to use RDMSR or WRMSR will
> generate a GPF. Most people do NOT want to use cwsdpr0 as their
> DPMI server.

ok, thanks so much for the clarification. i already have written mtrr detection
and all the pci stuff and had started on the mtrr routines. to bad it all goes
in the trash bin now. darn... :-(

> I use FastVID (an old program). It enables Write Combining for PPro
> and upwards. Works fine. Can't remember the URL.

http://www.fastgraphics.com/fastvid.html
this is worth a note in the allegro faq. many people find themselves
wondering why framerate is so much better under windows than under dos.

--
Sincerely Henrik Stokseth.
"Linux is keyboard friendly. I don't smash it like I used to with Windows."