Re: [AD] 3.9.33 Unix patch (non-root users and ld.so.conf advice)

George Foot wrote:

> I'm not sure whether the test on /etc/ld.so.conf is appropriate
> for other platforms, so if anybody uses one it'd be good to know
> whether this should only occur on Linux systems, and also
> whether the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable is universal or
> Linux-specific.

   Under Solaris 2.5.1 and Solaris 7, /etc/ld.so.conf does
not exist.  In fact, these systems rely only upon
LD_LIBRARY_PATH (though I may be wrong...).

   Under HP-UX 10.20, LD_LIBRARY_PATH doest not even exist,
it's called SHLIB_PATH.  But since it defaults to empty, I
guess there's a file somewhere or it has a built-in list of
paths (for security reasons).

   Yep, I know these OSes are exotic ;)

		Laurent