Re: [AD] DGA 2.0 driver completed

Angelo Mottola <a.mottola@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I've noticed that DGA 1.0 and 2.0 drivers cannot cohexist under XFree 4, as
> when GFX_AUTODETECT is used, DGA 2.0 is first tested, but if it fails
> (requested resolution is not supported for example), DGA 1 is detected, and
> that's bad under XF4 as it would hang the system. So the configure script should
> detect to compile only one among DGA 1 and DGA 2 drivers.

We can try to use each DGA driver only with corresponding version of
DGA extension.  What does XF86DGAQueryVersion (or similar) return for
DGA2?  We can add tests for specific version in detection routine for
both drivers and fail autodetection, if version is not supported.

> PS: while testing the Allegro example programs with my new driver, I found the
> only one which crashes is ex3d; anyway I've discovered this example also crashes
> with the Xwindows driver, so the problem is not with my code...

It seems that there is a bug somewhere in new polygon drawing code, but
had no time to search for it yet.

--
Michael Bukin