RE: [AD] Threads, Window Handles and more

> completely. The program vanishes from the tasklist ( CTRL+ALT+DEL ), but
> there is still a visible button in the taskbar, I can't write to the .EXE
> file anymore, because there are still some threads running (Allegro?

This is a known problem, that Windows leaks stuff. This happens mostly
with the lesser variants (9x), but has happened to me once with win2k too.
OS bug. It happens with other programs that Allegro or MIDAS or etc.
Of course, it could be that your program hasn't exited yet, but in this
case, windows should be able to kill it.

> And why has the Windows driver no SWITCH_OUT notification event?
When you would receive this, the switch would already have been done, and
so most of the useful code to be put in this event handler would then be
irrelevant. This is by Direct X design, unfortunately.

--
Lyrian