RE: [AD] Datafile caching

> I may have missed some discussion on this issue, but I believe it was
> thought that some caching routines should be added to
> load_datafile_object.
> Is there any particular reason why nobody has coded it, and if
> not, should
> it cache the objects themselves, or the positions of each object? I would
> be willing to give this a go unless there are some specific
> difficulties I
> am unaware of

Well, the best thing would be to cache offsets, as caching the whole
stuff would require lots of memory if the datafile is large. However,
this won't work for datafiles with global compression. I believe this
is where the discussions settled. I can't remember if a solution was
found to this issue.

--
Lyrian