Re: [AD] DGA 2.0 driver implementation

On Thu, Sep 21, 2000 at 11:42:04AM +0200, Angelo Mottola wrote:
> Now, DGA 2.0 works only with linear framebuffers, and that's good, but in the
> new API there are no functions to get the current video mode settings; there's
> no XF86DGAGetVideo... By the way, there are functions to get the modelines from
> XF86Config, and set new modes. But this means a "not fullscreen" DGA mode isn't
> possible now; the new API allows to get all the modeline settings available,
> and choose one of them to set the new mode. I could make an unique DGA 2.0
> driver that searches for the desired resolution and color depth among all
> available video modes, and sets the mode to the one which best fits for the
> selection, but I'm open to suggestions!

I think the non-fullscreen DGA driver is just a hack for when
you can't set the mode requested.  Some sort of emulation for
that may be to try to set the next higher mode which is present
in the X config file.  But I don't think this is very useful
behaviour anyway -- the way the rest of Allegro works is to fail
the mode set if the mode is not available.

George

--
Random project update:
22/06/2000: AllegroGL documentation:  http://allegrogl.sourceforge.net/