Re: [AD] Allegro Source Browser update

On Tue, 1 Aug 2000, Henrik Stokseth wrote:

> On Tue, 01 Aug 2000, Stepan Roh wrote:
>
> > Due to run out of space, I had to remove Allegro 3.9.30 and Allegro 3.9.31
> > sources, docs and downloads. That saved me around 80 MB.
>
> if size is a problem for you check out allegro like, lightweight libraries like
> SDL (Simple Directmedia Layer) and perhaps ClanLib. What those all have in
> common is that they don't support DOS. Supporting DOS has one disadvantage of
> requiring a lot of code to deal with various hardware.
>
> > Have a nice day,
>
> yes, you too. ps! complaining about the size of allegro is much more an
> issue for the general allegro list... i doubt it will help though, allegro is
> likely to stay big as long as a considerable amount of people insists on making
> DOS games, which judging from the allegro.cc poll will be somewhere near
> eternal, unless they buy windows millennium or 2000 which has started
> effectivly killing of DOS life-support. ;-)

Well, you misunderstood me. I'm running Allegro Source Browser (see at
http://www.ms.mff.cuni.cz/~sroh7497/allegro) which offers archives,
on-line docs as well as htmlised sources. I announced that I ran out of
space and had to delete WIP versions older than 3.9.32. I forgot to wrote
URL (so that's why I'm CCing this to AD).

Have a nice day,

Stepan Roh