Re: [AD] Grabber addition: Update selection

Vincent Penquerc'h <lyrian@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Here is a patch to allow the grabber to update only part of a loaded
> DATAFILE. This is useful (for me at least) when several graphics come
> from a single file, and most of them are being autocropped after that.

Nice idea, thanks for this!

> Also, do you think this would be useful:
> When autocropping a sprite, add a XCRP, YCRP that would hold the DX and DY
> that was removed from left and top of sprite respectively.  This would be
> useful to know what deltas to add when drawing the sprite so it stays at
> the same location on the screen.

That makes a lot of sense to me: at the moment the autocrop is really
only useful if you are lazy when grabbing an image, to narrow it down to
only the part that actually contains some info, but it's no good if you
autocrop a whole series of animation frames, since you then lose any
ability to draw the sprites in a sensible part of the screen. Adding
these properties can't hurt as long as they are removed again when people
strip the datafile, and they could certainly be very useful if you are
wanting to crop a series of animation frames...

--
Shawn Hargreaves - shawn@xxxxxxxxxx - http://www.talula.demon.co.uk/
"A binary is barely software: it's more like hardware on a floppy disk."