Re: [AD] ASM Porting

... and now the Watcom port compiles in 3.9.32 with no help. =)

Actually, I've run across one problem: the fixwat batch file must be missing something because, asmdefs.inc thinks I'm compiling for djgpp, and is looking for asmdef.inc in obj/djgpp for some reason. I'll admit that the whole make system you have going here is above my head, so all I did was hand-edit the #ifdef/#elifs in asmdefs.inc to only include a local asmdef.inc and copied the file into the source directory.

Needless to say, the library compiled afterwards without a hitch.

I have a ... question of ethics for the conductors: do you think Powersoft would mind us "sharing" copies of the Watcom compiler? Personally, since this is being done in-group, I can't see a reason why we all shouldn't have access each other's software legally. No I'm not a proponent of that warez phenomenon, but I think if more people had Watcom to do the builds there'd be less problems in the long run.

Oh, and I'm going to try to put up a precompiled copy of the optimized watcom library up on my webspace for those having problems compiling. I'll post to the main list when I do.

Has a watcom/win32 port been discussed? I was just wondering -- I personally do my windows development using Builder -- but Watcom may be another one of those compilers capable of building its own native dll...

- Charles Wardlaw