Re: [AD] Bloat Issues

In article <YBUy3DA2xdt4EwD7@xxxxxxxxxx>, Laurence Withers wrote:
>In article <20000225001814.11250.qmail@xxxxxxxxxx>, Olly Betts
><olly@xxxxxxxxxx> writes
>[snip - executable size]
>>Thoughts?
>
>Use UPX ( http://wildsau.idv.uni-linz.ac.at/mfx/upx.html ).

I've had a quick look - UPX appears to be a file compressor.

All that will do is make the executables smaller on disk.  The
executables will still take up the same memory (perhaps even a little
more depending exactly how it works) once loaded.

And besides I can still use such a file compressor if my executable
only had the parts of the library I needed linked in, and I'd get a
much smaller file.  File compression is orthogonal to the issue I've
raised.

Cheers,
Olly