Re: [AD] DGA driver improvement

Shawn Hargreaves <shawn@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I guess the question is whether non-fullscreen DGA mode is intended to be
> useful for actual games, or just for development, and if the former, how
> exactly should it work? Comments would be appreciated...

Personally I can't see any reason why anyone would play a game in a DGA
window rather than in full screen; unless, of course, they didn't set up
their XF86Config for the resolution that is being requested. But I don't
think this is Allegro's problem.

> On a related note, does anyone know how other DGA games (eg. the Loki
> stuff) behave? Do they always switch to the desired fullscreen video
> mode, or do they have options to use DGA in a window?

I'm almost certain SDL always switches to full screen.

Peter
--
tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx - http://www.psynet.net/tjaden/
"There are no passengers on spaceship Free Software - we are all the crew."