[no subject]

"   3.9.16: added an example of how to write a Windows screensaver using
    Allegro. If anyone knows how to get a proper name to show up in the
    Windows selection dialog, please let me know! (I've made the stringtable
    entry that MSDN says you need, but it doesn't work)."

You just need to rename wintests\scrsave.exe to Allegro Screensaver.scr (or
whatever you want to call it -- the name determines what shows up as the
screensaver's name in Display Properties) and copy it to Windows\System (for Win
9x, anyway).

Unfortunately, while I was checking this out, I noticed wintests\scrsave.exe was
missing -- turns out that I somehow omitted it from the BCC32 makefile!  So,
there's a slight change to makefile.bcc to fix this.  You just need to change
line 113 from

PROGRAMS = dibgrab dibhello

PROGRAMS = dibgrab dibhello scrsave

and add

scrsave: wintests/scrsave.exe

at line 117.  Or, you can just download it again from
http://game-programming.virtualave.net/allegbcc.zip, which has been updated to
reflect this minor change.  Sorry about that, everybody.  :(