Re: [AD] Accessing X internals

George Foot <george.foot@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I made a patch about a week ago in order to access the internals
> of the X system -- in particular I needed a few things from the
> _xwin variable, and to intercept the window creation calls.
> Does anyone have any comments on the patch?  Can it be included?
> I've only put in exactly what I needed; for more general use
> other things might be wanted, and I don't know whether Michael
> already has some idea how he wants to handle this sort of thing.

I have some ideas how to attach to existing window, but it should not
interfere with this patch.  Also this patch will allow to split that
monstrous xwin.c into several files, because it will make _xwin
structure global.

> We're also not installing platform-specific headers in the Unix
> makefile; not a problem usually since `linalleg.h' is pretty
> useless and until this patch `xalleg.h' doesn't exist.  If we do
> incorporate this patch, we can add the installation code too.

I think these headers should give access to platform specific
functionality, so they should be installed together with allegro.h.

--
Michael Bukin