Re: [AD] diff command line

Johan Venter <leonjventer@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> This is basically for Shawn.
>
> How do you make your diff files?

For a simple change, "diff -U3 oldfile newfile > file.diff". For building a
WIP upload, I use the zipup.sh script that is included with Allegro, for
example to build the 3.9.20 WIP files I ran (from the root of the Allegro
dir, where the makefile and readmes are):

   zipup.sh all3920.zip /e/backup/allegwip/all3919.zip

It leaves the zip files one directory up from where you run the script. If
you don't give the second command argument, it only build a complete zip,
without any diffs from the previous version.

The actual diff command from zipup.sh is:

   diff -U 3 -N --recursive previous/ current/ > $name.diff

It doesn't really matter how you do it, though. Either of the context or
unified diff formats are fine, although I slightly prefer the unified format
because I find it easier to read in case the patch fails and I have to apply
the changes by hand.

> I've made some changes to the makefile.mgw, makefile.rsx, readme.mgw and
> readme.rsx files. I'm hoping these patches will fix some of the compiler
> incompatabilities I posted about earlier.

Excellent!

--
Shawn Hargreaves - shawn@xxxxxxxxxx - http://www.talula.demon.co.uk/
"A binary is barely software: it's more like hardware on a floppy disk."