Re: [AD] GGI patch for 3.9.21

On Thu, Jul 08, 1999 at 08:59:22PM +0100, Shawn Hargreaves wrote:
> How about this for a disgustingly simple solution? Leave graphics.c
> unchanged, with fixed SAFE_* constants for DOS and Windows. On Unix, just
> define these constants to be zero, and modify the drivers accordingly.

Oh yes, we can define GFX_SAFE_ID to GFX_AUTODETECT if we like
anyway.  This still doesn't sort out your problem with colour
depths though; if I define GFX_SAFE_DEPTH to 15, the setup
program could end up using 15bpp whether it likes it or not.

I suppose one option is to make it check the depth after setting
the mode, and abort if it doesn't like it.

--
George