Re: [AD] Rebuilding the screen

On Sun, 25 Jul 1999, Joerg Rueppel aka Sharky-X wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just wanted to report following problem:
>
> I built Allegro 3.9.22 for MSVC and tested the grabber. When I Alt-Tab to
> another application and switch back afterwards, the Grabber does not redraw
> it's GUI-Objects. The screen keeps blank until I move the mouse over all the
> objects. I suppose this happens to all GUI applications under windows.
>
> cya

This is because no one has implemented lost-bitmap callbacks in the
grabber yet.

Idea:  Why not have the GUI objects automatically detect that they need to
be redrawn when the bitmap they are being drawn to is lost?  I have not
investigated whether this would work, or would be efficient.  Perhaps a
new GUI message?

> Joerg "Sharky-X" Rueppel
> Lead Programmer - Genlog Productions
> http://members.xoom.com/Sharky_X

         The Phoenix - President of The Artistic Intuition Company
    Caelius * Zen-X * Mirror Reflex * Runica * X-Domain * Infinite Realms
                          http://www.io.com/~fenix