[translations] How to get started

I wanted to help with translation to german. I found that throughout
the terms tie and slur are not correct translated, so when I was told
that the translation to german needs manpower I wanted to help and
first correct this fault for myself.

Now I tried to follow the contributor's guide. I managed to get the
sourced and succeeded (with some help) to get them compiled. Now I
don't come in the boots. I wanted to get "the sources of branch
translation" (5.9.1) but don't know how.

I have created a note on git as member (?) and loaded the sources.
There is a dir "Documentation" with dirs en and de and others. Then I
have a dir build with "Documentation/out/en".

How can I work on the translated files and how can my work flow back?

Werner