Re: [translations] German wiki

Le 27/01/2021 à 09:59, Caspar Ernst a écrit :
Dear Francisco Vila,

Let me take over, since Francisco seems to be quite busy. I'm Jean-Charles, maintainer of the French translation of the documentation.

I am relatively new to Lilypond but already a big fan.

Good to know!

I would like to update the German documentation (manual and more,
probably), and Harm, whom i contacted first via the German forum,
told me i should start with getting in contact with you.

I already subscribed to the translations mailing list, and had a
short look in the introduction for translators, but nothing more.

There will be much to do since Till, the original German translator, left over more than 5 years ago. But if I can be of some help, don't hesitate.

I did some experiments with coding, but to say I'm experienced would
be an exaggeration. I am not sure how much programmer's knowledge is
needed.

When John, Gauvain and myself started to translate the web-site 15 years ago, I wasn't a programmer, and I'm still not a programmer. The only things are: pay attention to the keywords, use a spell-checker when in doubt (nobody is a dictionary), don't hesitate to open your good old Harrap's when doesn't appear the right word – mine is dated 1991 –, have a due respect to the grammar, and finally check your work compiles fine before sending a patch. The rest should come rapidly.

Cheers,
--
Jean-Charles