Re: [translations] Merging translations with master

Francisco Vila <paconet.org@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> El 2/3/20 a las 14:54, David Kastrup escribió:
>> Hi, I would want to merge translations with master now so that the
>> latest translations are integrated into master.  What does that mean for
>> translators?
>
> Translation is usually merged onto staging. Whether it is master or
> staging who receives the merge, is not relevant for our work.
>
> Master should also be merged onto translations regularly.
>
>> If you still want to do polish-up work on 2.20 (after all, it is fairly
>> certain that some fixup releases like 2.20.1 will happen eventually),
>> then those need to _no_ longer be done on the translations branch but
>> either directly on stable/2.20 or, if you want a bit of a safety buffer,
>> on a branch we create for that purpose.
>
> Yes, I'd vote for that

I am currently checking whether my master/translation merge compiles.
That would, of course, be the best thing.  If it does, I'll push to
translation.

I might have not always got the merge choices right (though most of the
time where I was in doubt, I cross-checked with the English version).
And I haven't reset the "Changes" translations: that remains the job of
the translators.

Just fresh from the presses: not even make test comes through: I get a
Python error.

On it!

I'll reset translation-staging soonish for stable/2.20 work: the proper
translation branch does not need its own staging since it is merged into
the regular staging occasionally.

--
David Kastrup