Re: [translations] recommendations for spell checking

2013/12/11 Lilyfan <lilyfan@xxxxxxxxx>
> Message du 10/12/13 16:56

> De : "Francisco Vila"
> A : "Federico Bruni"
> Copie à : "Translations list at lilynet"
> Objet : Re: [translations] recommendations for spell checking
>

>> 2013/12/8 Federico Bruni
>>
>>  Once in a while I happened to spot some typos in the italian documentation.
>> I'd like to perform a general spell checking and I wonder what you recommend using.
>> I need a spell checker which is smart enough to ignore texinfo (or html, depending
>> on where to launch the check) and english text.
>>
>> Any hint?
>>

> I use M-x ispell-buffer on emacs and it is a pain because it does not ignore texinfo and English.

on the command line you can ignore texinfo:
aspell --mode=texinfo check file.itely

You should be able to set the mode in emacs, I think.
It works well

From memory (not at home…):
I use tools/spellcheck/check_region after having selected a paragraph.

> Do you think it would be possible to ignore English at all?

You can "add" some terms to your personal dictionary, or toggle them for the session, IIRC.

add all the english terms one by one? oh no
Why can't I just say "ignore english" or "ignore any language other than LANG"