[translations] Re: Documentation/po and translated strings in snippets

Il giorno ven, 31/08/2012 alle 17.20 +0200, Francisco Vila ha scritto:
> Hello John,
>
> PO files in Documentation/po used to make comments and variable names
> in verbatim code for lilypond blocks to get translated in manuals. Is
> there a known breakage that currently avoids it?

Frankly, I no longer know.  There have been non-trivial changes in
lilypond-book that may have broken this, and the technical side of
translations might have not been maintained and developed as we could
wish.  I have no longer time personnally to take these tasks, but if
there are volunteers for working on fixing technical issues in
translations, including updating and improving the CG section on
translations of the documentation, I'm available to mentor them.

Best,
John