Re: [translations] Doc-it patch: chapter 5 of Usage

Il giorno dom, 24/04/2011 alle 19.28 +0200, Francisco Vila ha scritto:
> 2011/4/24 Federico Bruni <fedelogy@xxxxxxxxx>:
> > I have the same old question about Git.  Sorry, I still can't understand
> > what's happening.
> >
> > After I made the commit my branch was ahead of origin by 1 commit.
> > It makes sense, it's ok.
> > Then you pushed my patch, I pull and
>
> What do you really expect to happen? You published a patch for other
> to push it, the natural action now it's been pushed is to reset hard
> to your previous commit.  You don't need that commit anymore and your
> work is upstream, so why to keep you own version of it?

I would expect that if my patch is clean (i.e. there is no error) and
you apply as it is, 'git pull' should be enough for my branch to be no
more ahead of origin by 1 commit.  No revert needed.
Because once my commit has been registered on the remote copy, my local
copy is identical to the remote copy.

But you say that the patch had a whitespace error, so nevermind.
In this case I run the strip-whitespace script only on the new file and
not on the updated files.  Next time I'll be more careful.

Thanks,
Federico