Re: [tablatures] Re: dampened symbol in tablature when using fonts other than Feta

Il giorno mar, 12/04/2011 alle 17.11 -0600, Carl Sorensen ha scritto:
> > ... maybe I've overwritten the command instead of just adding the
> > override?
>
> That's right.
>
> Look in ly/property-init.ly for the definition of \deadNote, and
> duplicate
> it, but with the override added.

Thanks for the hint but I can't make it work.
What's wrong in the following examples?

deadNote = {
  \once \override TabNoteHead #'font-name = #"Feta"
  #(define-music-function (parser location note) (ly:music?)
   (_i "Print @var{note} with a cross-shaped note head.")
   (style-note-heads '(TabNoteHead NoteHead) 'cross note))
}

or

deadNote = \once \override TabNoteHead #'font-name = #"Feta" #xNote

PS
In ly/property-init.ly I see:

% Define aliases of cross-head notes for specific purposes
deadNotesOn  = \xNotesOn
deadNotesOff = \xNotesOff
deadNote     = #xNote

why #xNote?