Re: [tablatures] Audio to Midi to tablature

Il giorno gio, 13/01/2011 alle 10.46 +0100, rosea.grammostola ha
scritto:
> Hi,
>

> Someone asked me if there is a way to record audio and get tablature
> score as output. I know you can convert audio to midi with aubionotes
> (didn't test it yet). If that is possible, converting midi to tablature
> would be the next step. Is it possible and what is the best method / app
> (rumor, musescore, tuxguitar)?

First, I must say that I've never tried that, because I'm not really
interested in it.

Have you heard about Scolily (free software)?
http://codingteam.net/project/scolily

It seems that it can export to LilyPond.

It should be packaged in Ubuntu, not in Debian.
You can compile it with the usual combo (./configure && make && make
install).
I think that you must record a single Voice tune. I *suppose* that
polyphony is too difficult for any software.

Otherwise, if you manage to get a good .midi file from an audio
recording you can:

* import it using Tuxguitar
* run midi2ly

I'm getting curious... I think I'll try in the weekend.

Cheers,
Federico