[tablatures] Re: harmonics and slides II

Am 20.12.2010 um 19:31 schrieb Carl Sorensen:

On 12/20/10 11:16 AM, "Patrick Schmidt" <p.l.schmidt@xxxxxx> wrote:

Am 20.12.2010 um 18:19 schrieb Carl Sorensen:

On 12/19/10 10:20 AM, "Patrick Schmidt" <p.l.schmidt@xxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Carl,

here is a revised patch for http://codereview.appspot.com/ 3590041/. I don't know whether it's possible to merge the new patch with the old one on rietveld... I used lily-git.tcl to make this patch. Obviously all my snippet-files weren't added automatically. I didn't know that. So I attached them to this email. Do I have to use git for these kind
of tasks? What do I have to do to upload all of this to rietveld
without messing anything up?

git-cl takes care of the changes -- no problem.

Simply do

git add Documentation/snippets/new/my-new-snippet

before doing

git commit -a

Hm, this is what I did:

pls:~ PLS$ cd lilypond-git/
pls:~/lilypond-git PLS$ git add Documentation/snippets/new/tablature-
open-string-harmonics.ly
pls:~/lilypond-git PLS$ git add Documentation/snippets/new/tablature-
fretted-string-harmonics.ly
pls:~/lilypond-git PLS$ git add Documentation/snippets/new/tablature-
slides.ly
pls:~/lilypond-git PLS$ git commit -a
Created commit 5226ca8: Selected snippets harmonics and slides II
  create mode 100644 Documentation/snippets/new/tablature-fretted-
string-harmonics.ly
create mode 100644 Documentation/snippets/new/tablature-open- string-
harmonics.ly
  create mode 100644 Documentation/snippets/new/tablature-slides.ly
pls:~/lilypond-git PLS$ git cl issue 3590041

Right here, you just type

git-cl upload master
OK, I did that:

pls:~/lilypond-git PLS$ git cl upload master
This branch is associated with issue 3590041. Adding patch to that issue. No output from ['git', 'diff', '--no-ext-diff', '--full-index', 'master', '-M']

I still can't see any changes on rietveld. I made all the revisions in a fresh repository. Is that a problem?

The issue number is related to your git branch.

You never specify the issue number.
But this is recommended in the section on revisions in the CG
The issue number is associated with a
branch, is assigned automatically by git-cl, and is found in

.git/config

I really have to come to grips with git. This information manager scares the hell out of me. I always delete the old repository after I made a patch because otherwise I get some error messages I can't handle when I try to update the source code...

Thanks for your patience!

patrick

HTH,

Carl