Re: [tablatures] planned doc edits fretted-strings.itely

Am 05.12.2010 23:12, schrieb Carl Sorensen:
On 12/5/10 1:09 PM, "Patrick Schmidt"<p.l.schmidt@xxxxxx>  wrote:

Hi Carl, Marc et al.

I have prepared some material to document the new harmonic functions.
I think it should be placed at the end of "Default tablatures". I'm
planning to split up the existing paragraph on harmonics and slides
into two separate paragraphs. The slides-paragraph would contain
different kinds of slides and chord glissandi which I have not
finished yet. The existing harmonics/slides-snippet would be replaced.

I created a snippet to demonstrate all three methods of engraving
open-string harmonics. I also added some sort of a reference for open-
string harmonics as I think it might not be obvious to everybody
which fret/ratio leads to which harmonic pitch. Finally I'd like to
illustrate how fretted-string harmonics can be typeset with LilyPond
as they need a different approach.
Hi Patrick,

sorry for the delay.

I think that this snippet is great as an explanation, but, as Carl said earlier,
too detailed for being included as a general explanation, so placing it
in an appendix seems to be the way to go.

Perhaps you can post a patch? I think it would be a lot easier to see how
your changes would look like.

Regards,

Marc